Martinex1: The title of this feature may be Two Questions but today I have some extra inquiries.
My father was in the hospital this week (he is doing well and back at home) but it made me think about our parents' generation. We obviously focus so much on the Bronze Age but in many ways we were children of the Golden Age. My dad shared stories from his youth and growing up in the 1940s, and I had never heard some of those tales before. From personal stories of broken bones to tidbits about the culture and era, I was captivated.
So I ask you the following - some simple and some more complicated questions about the previous generation.
QUESTION 1: Are there stories from your parents and the age in which they lived that caught your attention and gave you an understanding of how they were shaped? Were there following impacts to how you were raised?
QUESTION 2: I know as a father that I encouraged and hoped my children would be excited about some of the entertainment that I enjoyed - from comics to movies. But what literature, movies, and music did your parents impress upon you? Are some of your favorites a result of your parents' influence (directly or indirectly)? What are those books and films that "stick" with you?
QUESTION 3: Do you miss any of the traditions that your parents observed? Do you honor those traditions or do they seem to be a distant part of your life when your parents were more of an influence?
QUESTION 4: How do you feel our generation compares to that of our parents? Have we dropped the ball on any honorable aspects or have we improved upon their foundation?
QUESTION 5: Similarly to the above question, have we improved upon the creative arts over the last generation? Or are our works derivative in comparison?
Maybe this is more of an introspective post today, but since many of the BitBA gang are of the same age group I'd be curious what you have to say.
We will get back to lighter four-colored fare in the future! Cheers!


0 Yorumlar