Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Stock Flower

The first time I ever heard of and handled Stock Flower was a few years back, when a friend gave a bag full of young plants, ready for the ground, to me.
I have loved it since.
Stock Flower, ( Matthiola Incana ) which only blooms during the colder months from February through March, is a hardy fragrant annual.
It grows rather thick and tall and is wonderful for backgrounds and filling in spaces. It stays green all year long. I have quite a bit of this on the grounds.................and as you can see, it is already starting to bloom! The fragrance is just lovely! Since the wind and dirt has died down these past couple of days, I transplanted many of this year's young sproutlings to a long row that runs beside my flower garden. As they grow bigger, they will serve as a natural fence for the flower garden.

They look like this when they fill out and start growing. They are just now starting to bloom, and when they get their full head of blossoms on, I will show you the pictures.


As you can see, the garden will look great with a fence of purple stock flower around it.
By the way...........this is not from the garden book, however, I have found it to be the most wonderful tip...................that came from a dear elderly lady I once knew..........
You can transplant anything as long as the month has the letter" R" in it.........like February. It really does work! Everything I have transplanted during the months with the letter R in them, has always done well.
How about you? Do you have Stock Flower in your area? Is there a piece of sage advice passed down from someone that has worked? I would love to hear!
**********one more note***********
Want a great treat for your best friend???
Go to my cooking blog and get the recipe!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar