Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Springtime Social Distancing



The arrival of the daffodils seemed particularly welcome this year.
With so much happening in the world that we don't seem to have much control over, it brings some comfort to see that despite everything, the springtime flowers remain dependable. 


 When I'm outside on these beautiful days we are currently having, it's hard to believe what is happening around the world.  But, it all comes back quickly when I get back online or turn on the tv.  So I try to stay updated in small doses and do my part to social distance and stay home.
In order to keep our spirits up, it seemed like a good idea to bring some of those cheery daffodils inside.

 Once the vase got filled with a little bouquet I spent a bit of time giving the hutch a new look for the spring season.  I look forward to the day when we can all Gather together again.  


 All of these shortages at the grocery stores got me thinking about small ways I could be a bit more self sufficient.  Although my garden space is limited, I know that lettuce is an easy cool weather vegetable to grow.  So, with one pack of seeds I filled two big pots and a few days later we have sprouts.  


I think it is important to keep a sense of purpose each day and strive for a bit of variety to keep from going stir crazy.  Although I've had good intentions to join the jigsaw puzzle crowd, it hasn't happened... until now.  I can see how this can be a nice way to keep busy and keep the mind occupied.


I've also re-acquainted myself with Leslie Sansone.  Before I moved (over a year ago) I walked with her faithfully.  I'm ashamed to admit that since moving I have become very lazy about exercising.  It feels good to get moving again.  It also feels good to get outside walking.  I'm glad we can still do that as long as we keep our distance when encountering neighbors.  


A few more spring beauties.

I hope that you are staying well and finding ways to keep your spirits up.  We truly are all in this together, aren't we?








Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar