Renovation project - Does saying goodbye ever get easy?
I wake this morning to a quiet and empty house, my little granddaughter is not stood at the bedroom door asking for her breakfast and to jump on granddad to wake him up!
| saying goodbye yesterday |
My walks around the lake are not as exciting, definitely a little quicker, as we no longer have to get a collection of stones to throw in to the water and explore every square inch.
I don’t think I will ever get used to the quiet once family have left, and the heartbreak of waving my daughter and granddaughter off on the plane will never get any easier, even the tears have not diminished over the last few years, yes I know I will see them again soon but it is the little things that you miss, such as the breakfast (with the TV on!!!!!) and the watching the excitement of everyday things that become almost invisible at my age, but are seen for the first time by a toddler.
It is time to get back to work. But somehow today I just can’t do anything other than send a thousand messages to my daughter and look at all the photos of the past week.
So tonight it is a nice meal, a nice bottle of wine, an early night and the intention to get up again tomorrow with renewed vigour for our renovation.
Just a quick question to anybody who has moved to another country, does it ever get any easier waving goodbye to your family?

0 Yorumlar