Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A trip down memory lane.

So! We have a buyer. TWO buyers. Who are married to each other and like the house and stuff! My knuckles are bloody from knocking on all the wood.

We are currently out of attorney review and gearing up for the inspection. It is a huge, huge relief to not have to be ready for showings all the time. The house has generally reverted back to its normal state of tiny pairs of wadded-up superhero underwear shoved into every possible crevice.

I finally found some photos of the house when we looked at it as fresh-faced innocent buyers. I can't seem to call up the .mac website that I posted them on for friends and family to peruse, but I will try to recreate them with my modern comments in italic for your enjoyment.


Walking up the steps to the front porch.
Hey, there's my realtor that screwed us over acting as both the seller's and the buyer's agent! And look at all those pretty flowerpots! I sure hope they don't rot the porch steps, since they have no plates under them! (They did.)


Nice big front porch!
...that's full of dry rot!


The foyer has a charming upright piano.
...wedged into a tiny dark space.


Stairs from 1st floor to the second floor.
Okay, I can't complain about them. I still love me those stairs. Please note: the original swinging door to the kitchen, and the slightly different coral color on the walls. We ended up repainting the whole house, in sometimes very similar colors. This coral and the sage green in the living room were about two tones off and look a million times better now. But I'll always be grateful to the previous owners for starting me off on the color chart.




Living room.
A super-dark, super-crowded living room. C'mon. It's a 11x14 space. Why put in a 11x11 corner couch? PLUS THE BOTANICAL PRINTS!!!


Dining room. Pocket doors! Squee!
I still love my pocket doors. But I'm glad that the dining room doesn't look like a floral china teacup factory exploded in it.


Renovated kitchen!
It was not a renovated kitchen. The tile countertop was the bane of my existence. The cabinets were new, but we upgraded the appliances to good stainless ones, eventually ripped out that cursed countertop and replaced it with granite, and ripped out the lame-o "breakfast bar" (in truth, an upside-down wall cabinet with more do-it-yourself tiling) and made the opposite wall smooth to fit a custom gateleg table that could sit all five of us).


Butler pantry.
I was very excited by the romantic idea of having a butler pantry. Unfortunately, for a long time it was "that unfinished long closet that we shoved all our crap into." We eventually removed the wall between the butler pantry and the kitchen, repainted the who shebang a lovely robin's egg blue, installed a bunch of matching cabinets, and tucked a half-bath into the end. It extended the kitchen in a useful way and added in an extra commode just in time to potty-train Arlo.

More tomorrow. I am tired. Blargh.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar