Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

From Fashion to Furniture...It's All Fun!







From the beautiful world of fashion to the beautiful world of home design,  today I want to share with you a couple of fun projects!







First, my friend Cyndee, designer of JUVY JEWELS, and her architect husband have won an award from the City of San Antonio for their beautiful, environmental friendly home.  The FIFTH ANNUAL GREEN BUILDING AWARD was theirs in the residential catagory!



Way to Go, Cyndee!!









My summer project has been to finally design a formal dining room for our family.  At the beginning of the summer this room was empty...over the years it has been an office and collector of all things including school backpacks and football pads!  I have longed for a real dining room for sometime, but it had to be done on a budget.



It all began when my dear friend Gigi, who is moving away, offered me six dining chairs (The rest to come next week).  So, I began to look for a table.  There was an old gold chandelier hanging her as well.  



I found the table and lighting fixture during Fourth of July sales at a wonderful local resale shop, TOO GOOD TO BE THREW...they were exactly what I desired at the right price.  The table is heavy, dark wood from Storehouse originally.  



The painting was my Mother-In-Law's and I have always loved it.  The wreath is from Target and found HERE.  It is hanging over an antique chest which was one of the first pieces of furniture we bought 28 years ago...for only $25...and it has a beautiful marble top.  The dried roses are from my daughters wedding bouquet and the crockery bowl from my own grandmother's East Texas farm.









The curtains were on sale at

KOHLS and the Ralph Lauren table runner, trees, and placemats from

MARSHALLS.  Sometimes you have to be resourceful with what you have!  Furniture consignment is just as wonderful as clothing!!









The whole job was around $580!!  Pretty good for a whole dining room that I love....this mixed-up furniture style is completely me!!  It still has a bit of the French Country feel to it...found in the rest of my house.

Make sure you check out the great blogs of Katie's Favorite Things Blog Hop!!





Thursday Favorite Things








Have a fabulous Thursday everyone!!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar