Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Party Isn't Over



If this doesn’t make you the belle of the ball then nothing else would. A creation of my friend Dwight of Vindictive this gown checks every box for me and these couple images do it absolutely no justice. 

I took space from social media and the blog the past couple weeks to spend some time with my kids before they all leave home again (miss me?) so this is my first post of 2017 and a really quick one showing what I wore to ‘The Big One’, a New Year’s eve event. 
I appreciate all the love on my Christmas post here. And all the 'are you okay' messages and emails. I am in awe of your kindness.

As far as NYE traditions, I was not standing elbow to elbow with thousands watching the ball drop in Times Square New York, or eating lentils at midnight in Chile, offering flowers to Yemanja clad in white at the Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro, or jumping into Lake Constance in Germany or even lip locked in Vegas as the count down to 2017 happened. I did the Latin American tradition of wearing something red in the form of an intimate piece. I’m sorry but there’s not a detail shot of that, ;). 

2016 was a great great year. C’mon, we're are all still alive and that counts for something. I also had lots of personal challenges that carried over from ’15 (don't we all) but hey, I have learned to smile through the rain. My attitude is always 'It’s not that serious’. And honestly, it just never is, Ha! In lieu of a New Years resolution which is never kept beyond day three, I started writing a

...Letter to my Future Self
There's often a lot of talk regarding 'what to tell our young self'. What to tell our future self is not discussed quite as much. It all started with reflecting on the outgoing year 2016. A realization hit me and I wondered what I’d tell my future self. The more I thought of it, the more I toyed with the idea of writing myself. About life and family and health and love and relationships and friendships and trust and expectations and choices and betrayal. One thing I knew for sure was I wanted it to be written on very pretty paper, possibly scented or regular pretty paper doused with my current fave everyday fragrance Jo Malone Blue Agava and Cacao and tucked carefully into a equally pretty possibly purple envelope. I also wanted it hand written to add that personal touch.

 And so it started. I am many pages into this and it’s getting really interesting. I look forward to picking up my laptop pen in the evenings. Have you ever given any thought to what you’d want to tell your future self? And postmarking yourself a letter? 

I’m signing off with a poem my daughter shared with me. 

Happy New Year my friends! 
Any resolutions? Care to share?

Deets
Gown - Vindictive by Dwight Anthony
Heels - Christian Louboutin (old - available here)
Clutch - Mary Frances (similar here)


Thanks for stopping by. Keep thinking the purple thoughts, xx.



post signature

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar