Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

LOOK BOOKS : Awear AW13

I'm not overly blown away by the new collection by Awear. I feel as if I have seen this before somewhere.....while most companies are focusing on a harder grunge edge for AW13, Awear are bringing us soft prints, animal sweaters and those awful animal beanies.
 While the collection does have an autumn feel to it and kudos on the chunky knits and comfy feel as we all feel like packing away our crop tops come winter time but it also feels slightly dated in an odd way. I guess it is because its so different from the trends we are looking at for AW13. Okay so the checkered dress above is slightly on trend and the typical Awear shopper is not the type of person who wants a PVC studded halterneck bra contraption dress but still....It's a little soft for my tastes.
 They do mix textures so there is a hint of the darker side of AW13 so you can still get your leather impression pencil skirt.....but I guess they are just playing with the fact that its a softer approach.
 Still though the below hat and dress could be straight out of three years ago. Animal beanies are in the past - thank god. Now lets leave them there.
 Also Awear have made this coat several years running.

I am going to take slack for not supporting an Irish high street brand but lets face it. This blog doesn't hold back and if I don't believe in something then I don't promote it. I don't waste time by bleating on about how 'gorgeous' and 'on trend' something is if I don't think it is. I'm not holding out for an Awear seal of approval on this blog nor do I want to praise them in the hope of a giftcard!!!! I'm being honest.

Who knows though?

I just wish they had blown me away a little bit more on this one and shown me something to be impressed by instead of stuff I have seen season after season for them. It doesn't hurt to be a little edgy nor does it hurt to be a bit more original.....come on guys!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar